Work Related Learning programme at Oasis Academy Shirley Park
View the Work Related Learning events for all year groups here
Year 10 Work Experience: 3rd -14th June 2019
Oasis Academy Shirley Park helps students when deciding on their next destination by inviting educational external providers to parents' evenings and assemblies, as well as giving information of any open events to enhance their choices.
Year 11 destinations 2018 can be viewed here
Work Related Learning Events 2018/19 can be viewed here
Useful careers websites:
www.icould.com – Aims to help you to make the most of your potential by showing how others have used theirs, take the ‘Buzz’ personality profile quiz.
nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk – This is the Government’s hub for careers advice for people of all ages where you can find help with drafting letters, CVs, exploring your skills or seeking careers advice.
https://successatschool.org/ – Gives clear and comprehensive information about a range of Career Zones (sectors), in an easy to access format. Students can create a profile to help to collate useful information. ’60 second interviews’ giving profile of professionals, provide a useful insight into specific careers.
www.apprenticeships.org.uk – The National Apprenticeship Service website provides general advice and information about apprenticeships. Also advertises current vacancies.
http://www.how2become.com/offers detailed advice on how to access a range of sectors
www.careersbox.co.uk- Great videos with job information
www.notgoingtouni.co.uk – Thinking of taking a different route from going to university, this website explores the opportunities that exist outside of university.
www.ucas.com – information about university courses on offer, also the Stamford test to help with ideas about subjects to study.
Provider Access Policy:
This policy statement sets out the Academy’s arrangements for managing the access of providers to pupils at the school for the purpose of giving them information about the provider’s education or training offer. This complies with the Academy’s legal obligations under Section 42B of the Education Act 1997. Pupil entitlement – all pupils in years 8-13 are entitled:
• to find out about technical education qualifications and apprenticeships opportunities, as part of a careers programme which provides information on the full range of education and training options available at each transition point;
• to hear from a range of local providers about the opportunities they offer, including technical education and apprenticeships – through options events, assemblies and group discussions and taster events;
• to understand how to make applications for the full range of academic and technical courses.
Management of provider access requests a provider wishing to request access should contact Ms Michelle Gibbins, KS4 Pastoral Manager and Careers Adviser, Telephone: 020 8656 0222 Ext: 78318 Email: [email protected]
Oasis ALT careers lead: [email protected], Telephone 020 8656 0222 Ext: 78367
The OCL Careers Guidance Policy can be accessed here
Opportunities for access to a number of events, integrated into the Academy careers programme, will offer providers an opportunity to come into the Academy to speak to pupils and/or their parents/carers when any events take place.
How do we evaluate careers education at Oasis Academy Shirley Park
The quality of the careers education will be evaluated twice each year in the following ways:-
- Next steps taken by students once completing Year 11 education
- Evaluation and student voice taken through questionnaire each summer by Year 7 - 10
- Impact on options based on careers evaluation at the start of Year 10.
The next publication of information will be July 2019