Work Related Learning programme at Oasis Academy Shirley Park
We are committed to ensuring all students are inspired, empowered and supported to build bright futures.
- 2 week year 10 and 12 work experience programmes
- 1-1 careers advice for all year 10 students and sixth form
- Mock interviews with professionals from our partner organisations
- Trips to higher education providers offered to every year group
Year 10 work Experience: 5th - 16th June 2023
Year 12 Work Experience: 12th June - 3rd July 2023
Information on year 13 destinations and sixth form careers education can be viewed here
Useful careers websites:
www.unifrog.org - Comprehensive careers, education and training platform that our students have access to.
www.startprofile.com - Free platform providing up to date information on careers/pathways available to young people, including local labour market information.
www.ucas.com – Information about university courses, also the Stamford test to help with ideas about subjects to study.
https://amazingapprenticeships.com/- Information about apprenticeship types and levels and how to support young people in their applications.
www.icould.com – Aims to help you to make the most of your potential by showing how others have used theirs, take the ‘Buzz’ personality profile quiz.
nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk – This is the Government’s hub for careers advice for people of all ages where you can find help with drafting letters, CVs, exploring your skills or seeking careers advice.
https://successatschool.org/ – Gives clear and comprehensive information about a range of Career Zones (sectors), in an easy to access format. Students can create a profile to help to collate useful information. ’60 second interviews’ giving profile of professionals, provide a useful insight into specific careers.
www.apprenticeships.org.uk – The National Apprenticeship Service website provides general advice and information about apprenticeships. Also advertises current vacancies.
www.careersandenterprise.co.uk - Inspiring and preparing young people for the fast-changing world of work
http://www.how2become.com/- Offers detailed advice on how to access a range of sectors
www.careersbox.co.uk- Great videos with job information
www.notgoingtouni.co.uk – Thinking of taking a different route from going to university, this website explores the opportunities that exist outside of university.
Provider Access Policy:
This policy statement sets out the Academy’s arrangements for managing the access of providers to pupils at the school for the purpose of giving them information about the provider’s education or training offer. This complies with the Academy’s legal obligations under Section 42B of the Education Act 1997. Pupil entitlement – all pupils in years 8-13 are entitled:
- To find out about technical education qualifications and apprenticeships opportunities, as part of a careers programme which provides information on the full range of education and training options available at each transition point;
- To hear from a range of local providers about the opportunities they offer, including technical education and apprenticeships – through options events, assemblies and group discussions and taster events;
- To understand how to make applications for the full range of academic and technical courses.
Management of provider access requests a provider wishing to request access should contact: Eleanor Savage, Head of Sixth Form and Careers, Telephone: 020 8656 0222 Email: email@example.com.
Oasis Academy Shirley Park Careers lead: firstname.lastname@example.org, Telephone 020 8656 0222
The OCL Careers Guidance Policy can be accessed here
Opportunities for access to a number of events, integrated into the Academy careers programme, will offer providers an opportunity to come into the Academy to speak to pupils and/or their parents/carers when any events take place.
How do we evaluate careers education at Oasis Academy Shirley Park
The quality of the careers education will be evaluated twice each year in the following ways:-
- Next steps taken by students once completing Year 11 and Year 13
- Evaluation and student voice taken through questionnaire each summer by Year 7 - 10
- Impact on options based on careers evaluation at the start of Year 10.
The next publication of information will be July 2023